The Supersizers Eat The 1980s

The Supersizers Eat The 1980s
Adam Ant and Madonna-style clothing, which Giles and Sue wear.

Tuesday 30 August 2011

The Great British Bake Off, episode 3 (bread).

Hi there. Welcome back to my on-going review of the series of the 'Bake Off'. Each week, so far, I have done a blog post shortly after it has been on TV. (Without pictures.) Then, a few days later I have included pictures, but they weren't my own. Recently, this has felt a little wrong, as the blog post is not all my own work, and I have collaborated with someone else. So now, as I feel I need a change, I will be taking my own pics, however few of them there may be, and the fact that they will be taken from the TV.

However, in this particular blog post I will just be writing my thoughts about the programme, before I take any pictures, as I feel I need to get my thoughts out as soon as poss. Also, the idea of me taking my own pictures from the TV is not a new one, and something I thought up ages ago, but also to do with The Great British Bake Off, even before episode one was shown (as far as I can remember).

So, lets start with Mel and Sue. As in every other episode in the series so far, they have never failed to make me laugh, and make the whole programme a joy to watch. The stuff they come out with is just so funny, and you never know what they'll say next. One thing that stuck out to me, was when Sue was talking to one of the contestants, and she said that Paul will just critisize everything. And, not only did that make me laugh, but it is fairly true, he does tend to critisize pretty much everyone's baking skills, and even critisized Rob yet again. Just because his bread basket was slanting.

I thought all of the contestants tried extremely hard to impress Paul and Mary. Many of the bread baskets were very good, and all had different decorations on them. One of the contestants even stood up to Paul which I was very impressed by, and it also made me laugh. I was like "yeah, you stand up to him!".

Also, from what I can remember, (although I only saw it about half an hour ago, it is quite difficult to remember stuff, because so much went on) Jo won one of the rounds, and I felt really pleased for her. Last week she really stuggled, so it was nice to see her come first.

Also, Holly did pretty well this week, and never came last in any of the rounds, although wasn't the star baker. She did come across as pretty confident in this episode, and hopefully, her and Jo will make it through next week, as they did this week. Sorry for my poor memory at the moment, I am feeling a bit poorly today, otherwise I would of written loads more about you both.

Anyway, it was a great episode, and I am very much looking forward to next week's one. Hopefully, I will be able to take a few of my own pics, and upload them in the next few days.

Thanks for reading, and please leave a comment below. (Because, in all honesty, hardly anyone is commenting at the moment, and I'd love to get some feedback.)

Ss1. x

5 comments:

  1. Hi there! Must agree Mel & Sue are brilliantly funny. Lovely blog keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, thank you!! :) Thanks for commenting too! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you feel better soon lovely. This episode was full of detail and lots of different shots so not surprised you couldn't remember it all! You need a nice cup of tea, some paracetamol and a sleep by the sounds of it. Get well soon. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you SS, was such a relief to do well. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Miss S, please don't feel bad about using the pictures I took. I'm doing the same for this week's episode – as I will for them all – and you and anybody else are totally free to use them however you like.

    We only had that great big punch-up over who should be entitled to release the pictures. Once they're up, I'll tweet the link, and you can either use them or not, as you please.

    ReplyDelete