The Supersizers Eat The 1980s

The Supersizers Eat The 1980s
Adam Ant and Madonna-style clothing, which Giles and Sue wear.

Friday 12 August 2011

My eating habits and childhood expectations.

This blog post is all thanks to @miblodelcarpio on Twitter, for his 2 awesome ideas for a blog post. I asked him a while ago what he thought I should blog about, and he said my 'eating habits' and my 'life in relation to childhood expectations'. For these two topics I've had to do some planning, as it's an idea that has been given to me, not one I chose to write. So, with a little bit of planning, this is what I've come up with:

1. Eating habits.

Firstly, I do not eat at specific times. Some people like to have breakfast, lunch and dinner at the same time every day. I'm afraid I do not. I'm the kind of person who likes to eat when they feel hungry. I could not force myself to eat at a specific time. For one, I'm not the best at time keeping, and so it just wouldn't suit me at all.

Secondly, I don't really have the time to cook. I have always wanted to, but I haven't since I went to school, years ago. But, as you may know, I do like reading food blogs, like The Pink Whisk's one, and Esther Walker's one, and lately I have discovered one that is written by a contestant from the 2nd series of the 'Bake Off'. Hopefully, I'll be reading that one too from now on. Maybe one day soon, I can find time to try some recipes out from their blogs, or the 'Bake Off' book I have. Who knows, I could be good at it. I guess I'll never know if I don't try.

Also, although I don't cook, I do like making very simple things, like Pot Noodle, and tea (which is like the most basic thing you can make), and cous cous, from a plastic container - which is very yummy. I hate to admit that that's all I can make, but I'm an honest person, so not telling you would feel wrong, and I hate to feel like that.

And, on occasion, I do like eating out. Not anywhere that fancy, just to a cafe or if I'm in London, then a cheap restaurant will do me fine. I'm not fussy. (Ha ha!) And my choice in food is quite simple, not that I'm going to go into detail or anything. But lets just say, that I'm not a sushi person, or a nouvelle cuisine person either.

Ok, that just about sums up my eating habits. Now...

2. My life in relation to my childhood expectations.

My life at the moment is so not what I thought it would be. When I was a child, I thought life would be really exciting all the time, and things would be better than they are. Maybe they will be better one day, but it seems that that might be a long way off.

But, I am, and have always been, a very hopeful and positive person, so as long as I keep that attitude up, I guess things will turn out fine. Anyway, as long as the present is good, it doesn't matter what happens in the future. As long as you enjoy what you do, then it's all for the best.

That's enough on that topic. I'm not going to bore you about my childhood. That's the past, and there's no going back. Plus, I don't like dwelling on things.

Thank you for reading, Ss1. x

No comments:

Post a Comment