The Supersizers Eat The 1980s

The Supersizers Eat The 1980s
Adam Ant and Madonna-style clothing, which Giles and Sue wear.

Wednesday 3 August 2011

My Blogging Challenge (Day 3)

Hello there (again). How are you? (Just kidding.) Today is Day 3 of my 'Blogging Challenge', hooray!

Now, yesterday I didn't tell you what I was going to blog about today, because I hadn't decided at the time, but, with a couple of minutes preparation I have come up with something to say, from another question that @tearose68 came up with on the weekend for me.

This question is quite hard as I couldn't decide whether I should try answering ALL of the question, or whether I should answer just one part. The question is...

What is my favourite shop, restaurant or theatre trip?

This is hard, because I like doing all three of those things: shopping, going to restaurants (when I can), and going to the theatre (only if there's something good on).

So, seeing as I like doing all three, it was very difficult to choose what to write about. Should I write about all three things, or just one? And so, after thinking about it for a while, I decided that I should only write about one, because I can't think of my fave one for two of the three things.

So, I chose my favourite theatre trip.

Now, if you read my blog back in February you will know that I met Sue Perkins, in a theatre. And this, compared to all the other theatre trips I've been on, is my fave. Why? Because, not only is Sue Perkins one of my favourite celebrities, but she also arranged for me to be her special guest for the evening, well, me and my companion. And so she put me and my companion's name on a guest list.

And when we got to the theatre, EARLY, we went up to the front desk, and my companion told the man at the desk that we were on Sue Perkins' guest list. He looked a bit shocked, as if he didn't know that we were on the list, or that there even was a list. And I thought, WHAT? How can you not know?

But then, from out of nowhere appeared Sue!!! I was in shock, so much so, that when she went to shake my hand, I didn't realise that I was holding a bag in my shaking hand - meaning the hand I shake with. So, it took me a couple of seconds to realise, and then I transferred the bag to my other hand, to shake her's. LONG story about my hand-shaking-dilemma there.

Anyway, the whole evening was just so brilliant. And at the end of the night, me and my companion had to go to the stage to see Sue again, and everyone kept looking at us, as they left the theatre, like... who are those two people, and how do they know Sue? And I felt like I was a star myself! It was the most bizzare feeling I think I'll ever experience.

And, of course, she was lovely, and even gave me a hug, and signed lots of things for me, and I had a photo taken with her, and a photo of her holding my 'I AM HERE WITH SUPERSIZER1' sign. And if you look back to February's post, you'll see the photo of her holding my sign. Honestly, it's so funny! But, I didn't do it for that reason, it's just that I thought it up the night before meeting her (I think it was).

Anyway, it was one of the best nights out EVER, and the best theatre trip EVER.

Thanks for reading today's blog post. Please tweet me @Supersizer1, or comment below, and tell me what you thought.

Until tomorrow's blog post, goodbye!

Ss1. x

No comments:

Post a Comment