The Supersizers Eat The 1980s

The Supersizers Eat The 1980s
Adam Ant and Madonna-style clothing, which Giles and Sue wear.

Monday 15 August 2011

The Great British Bake Off, in The Sunday Times, Culture magazine.

Oh yes! Oh yes! Oh yes! ... I am so happy at what I have just read, that I just had to blog about it straight away.

So, yesterday I went and got The Sunday Times, and today I looked through it, and the Culture magazine, where they have the next week's TV listings in it, and I purposefully got this one because I thought that it might have something in it about the 'Bake Off', be it a picture of Mel and Sue, or not.

And, to my amazement, not only did it have a picture of them, the same one from the Radio Times, and from the Daily Mail, which I saw on Joanne Wheatley's blog, but also the description of the programme was very... interesting.

It read: 'Mel Giedroyc and Sue Perkins are again the hosts, and Mary Berry and Paul Hollywood the mentors and judges, as 12 hopefuls begin a contest designed to find the country's best amateur baker. In a three-round opening eliminator featuring cupcakes, sponges and battenberg, Hollywood's epithets range from "sublime" and "devine" to "disgusting".' ...

And this is where it got interesting: 'Previously, Mel and Sue seemed under pressure to largely play it straight; now, happily, they are allowed to be funny - and fit better into the show's fabric.' ...

And why is this so interesting? I hear you cry. Because, if any of you knew me on Twitter last year, after the first series of the 'Bake Off', you'll know that I did a Twitition for 'Mel and Sue's jokes' on the 'Bake Off' from last year, because, I found out from Twitter that some of their jokes were cut out, and that really annoyed me, because from watching their stuff on TV over the years, I have gathered that they are just naturally funny, and nice women, whose jokes should be heard. And, I got roughly 50 people from Twitter to sign this Twitition, and I then sent it, with a letter of complaint, to the BBC, and a couple of weeks later I got a reply, and they said that my letter of complaint would be passed on to people higher up at the BBC, so, with all this in mind, I thought, maybe the fact that they are allowed to be funny in this series - which starts tomorrow, at 8pm, on BBC 2, has something to do with my letter and Twitition.

I now can't wait to watch it tomorrow, just to see if they are funnier in it, because they are allowed to be. Also, because of the baking, and to see Joanne Wheatley, who I have talked to a couple of times on Twitter, and on her blog, which you guys should check out. Here's a link to it: http://josblueaga.blogspot.com/ - trust me, it's great!

Thanks for reading, and see you after episode 1 of The Great British Bake Off, which I will hopefully being doing my own little review for, including some pics from the show.

Ss1. x

2 comments:

  1. So glad you sent the Twititon those two are just the funniest and are truly lovely people

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! :) I'm glad too. It took me ages to get around 50 signatures. And yes, they are the funniest two women I've ever known. x

    ReplyDelete