The Supersizers Eat The 1980s

The Supersizers Eat The 1980s
Adam Ant and Madonna-style clothing, which Giles and Sue wear.

Tuesday 16 August 2011

The Great British Bake Off, episode 1.

Hello fellow bloggers, and people who follow me on Twitter, and people who have just stumbled across my blog! Tonight, I will be blogging about The Great British Bake Off, which I have just watched on BBC 2, which shouldn't be a surprise to you, seeing as I said I would, on my blog, and on Twitter - earlier today.

Nothing makes me more happy than to watch Mel and Sue (those two funny women off the TV) cracking jokes, whilst people bake their hearts out and Mary Berry and Paul Hollywood critisize and praise their work. So... that's exactly what I watched tonight. And, like the description in The Sunday Times Culture magazine said, they definately were allowed to be more funny. And I couldn't be more pleased! I'm not saying that Mel and Sue are better now because of this, but it was good to hear them cracking more jokes, and even some of the contestants did the same.

Also, to make some comparisons with the contestants in the last series, Holly (who I follow on Twitter) was very similar to Ruth Clemens from the last series, and had a lovely personality, and... as a spoiler (so look away now, if you've not seen the episode yet) she got crowned, not literally, the Star Baker, and her final cake that she made looked amazing!

Also, Jo (who I also follow on Twitter) did really well, and also seemed lovely, and seemed to enjoy herself whilst baking. She was also very close to being crowned the Star Baker, but, Holly only just took her place. But, I thought that they were both great.

And overall, Mel and Sue made it thouroughly enjoyable to watch, and made me laugh a lot. I'm so pleased that my Twitition had an impact on their level on funny-ness, that they were allowed to put into the show. They are a great pairing for the job of presenting the show, and as ever, they looked fab, with Mel in a nice blue scarf, and Sue, dressed a little more formally. Unfortunately, as I've decided to blog straight after watching it, I haven't taken any pictures yet, but, I have taken some pics of them in the Radio Times.


Here is one of them, which I have given a nice little yellow border to, just for effect.


And here is another one, which I gave a red border to, and there's my hand in the shot, holding the magazine.



And here's the third and final one, which is a close up of the last one, and which I gave a blue border to. I think Mel and Sue look splendid in this shot, both holding tea cups.

Thanks for reading, and I hope you enjoyed watching the 'Bake Off' as much as I did.

See you next time, Ss1. xxx

10 comments:

  1. Ah, what a lovely post. I wish to be like Ruth but unfortunately not. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, thank you! :D Well, I thought you were very similar to her. I hope you go far in the competition. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank u, really enjoyed reading blog xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. No probs, Jo. :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Comedy moment for me: Sue slurping and swilling her tea, making her companion (whose name I forget) laugh her little socks off. My favourite part of the article: the glimpse of your hand holding the picture.

    I'll probably download the episode from iPlayer after midnight, so could take some screenshots and tweet them over to you, if you'd like to include them in any blog articles. Any particular pictures you'd like, Miss S?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, that would be great! If you could, pics of Mel and Sue, and Jo and Holly, and their cakes would be awesome! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your wish is my command, Miss S. I'll see what I can do. The best thing may be for me to upload them to my blog's media area and then you should be able to download them from there. Do you want to check that you can actually access my media via that link? Or would you prefer me to get them to you some other way?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Um, you could just upload your pics to Twitpic, then tweet me the link to your pics. That would make things a bit easier for me. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sure, I'll do that then, Miss S.

    ReplyDelete