The Supersizers Eat The 1980s

The Supersizers Eat The 1980s
Adam Ant and Madonna-style clothing, which Giles and Sue wear.

Wednesday 24 August 2011

The Great British Bake Off, episode 2. (Pastry.)

Hello everyone! I am very happy to announce that I have finally watched episode 2 of the 'Bake Off'.

Yesterday, I did want to watch it when it was on, at 8pm, but, as luck would have it, I was out yesterday, as I had to go somewhere with my companion, and then we decided to stop by at a really lovely aquarium, and look at all the little fishies, (which were adorable), and we even ate at a cafe nearby, and I had a pot of tea, which I shared with them, and half a sandwich, (this I did not share with them, but I couldn't seem to finish it, plus I knew that there was pudding, so I thought I'd eat that), and so then I ate the pudding, which was a chocolatey flapjack, which was quite rich, and which I didn't quite finish.

But, the main thing was that I did enjoy myself, and to get out of the house was great too. Plus, the cafe staff were extremely friendly, and let us stay for a while after they had closed the cafe.

The only thing that I was gutted about was that I couldn't get home in time to watch the 'Bake Off', and once I got in, I was far too tired to watch it, so I had to leave it until this afternoon, at 2:50, roughly.

And, because Matt, who is @miblodelcarpio on Twitter, hasn't taken any pics yet and sent them to me, I haven't got any to include in this blog post. But, I can tell you what I thought of the show.

And, as always, it was great, just the right balance of funny, and serious, and with people baking - otherwise it wouldn't be called the 'Bake Off', and people getting stressed about their quiches, and tarts.

Overall, they were all getting things wrong, or worrying about things going wrong. Mostly, I felt sorry for Jo, who at the end got very emotional, and if I had been there at the time, I would of given her a big hug, because of how upset she got, and she tried really hard to stay in the competition, which, thankfully, she did. I was so glad she stayed, I was pleading at the TV screen, saying "Don't send her home, don't send her home!" and I was like "YES!" when I found out that they sent someone else home instead of her. Not that I was pleased about them going home either, but I just didn't want Jo to go. Plus, on Twitter she has been lovely to me, so why would I want her to go?

Also, not only did Jo have a hard weekend of baking, so did Holly. Holly, like Jo, is definately one of my favourite contestants, and she and Jo are both lovely, which also adds to why I like them over the others. Holly looked lovely in her green top, which Mel commented on, in the episode. Which was weird, because when I met Mel I was wearing something green, and she said that she liked it, which I was pretty pleased about at the time. Also, Holly didn't do so well in the first two rounds, but she came fourth in the last round, I think, it may not of been, but I'm writing this from memory, so it's quite hard. I was also pleased that Holly didn't come in the bottom few of the bunch of bakers. But, a bit disappointed that she wasn't the star baker this time. But I'm sure she'll outshine some of the others next time, as she did really great in the first episode.

Also, again, loved what Mel wore in this episode, another gorgeous blue scarf, and they both made me laugh. Sue especially, when she said to Ian (I think it was), "So you're trying to butch it up?", meaning his quiche. A real highlight there, of that episode.

Overall, the things that were baked, I liked roughly half of the flavour combinations, especially the ones without whole fruits on them. I'm not a big fan of whole fruits. I don't mind flavours of fruits, like a starberry flavoured yogurt, for example, but whole ones I don't really eat. Also, when one of the contestants made honeycomb, that was awesome. I've never seen that be done before, and it was just like magic.

I could take time trying to think about other things I saw on the show, but that would just be too hard for me, so I'll leave it there for now. If you want to leave a comment, and tell me your favourite part/s of the show, then please do.

Thanks for reading, and hopefully another post will be put on my blog soon, showing pics from the episode.

Ss1. xxx

8 comments:

  1. Ah, another lovely post from you. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops! Yep, sorry about the pictures, Miss S. I've been procrastinating today, and failed at doing the two main things I had to do, viz. finishing my CV, and taking your screenshots. I could do with doing the CV this evening, so do you mind if I do the screenshots tomorrow?

    Also, I agree about Holly and her green top (she knows). And Jo, delighted that she's still in. Old Jason was a real revelation, and Rob's just got to go. Or at least get a haircut and stop ballsing up his baking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Thanks! :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miblo, glad you liked Holly's green top, and glad that you're glad that Jo's still in. I don't mind about you doing the screenshots tomorrow, and I like Rob and Jason, and don't think Rob should go, just yet, anyway. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha! Plenty of gladness there. Okay, I'll try and keep my promise tomorrow. And you don't fancy Rob, do you? A bit too "obviously" good-looking, I reckon, not to say slightly irritating.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great blog about a programme you obviously love. Your posts always have such enthusiasm ! I enjoyed watching too even though its not my usual sort of programme. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much, Tearose68. :) x Glad that you like my enthusiasm. x And no, Miblo, I don't fancy him (ha ha), I just think that he deserves another chance in the competition.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aaah. thanks for mentioning the honeycomb. It is truly magical. I LOVVIT!

    ReplyDelete