The Supersizers Eat The 1980s

The Supersizers Eat The 1980s
Adam Ant and Madonna-style clothing, which Giles and Sue wear.

Thursday 29 September 2011

What can I write about?

Ideally, I would be writing about the Great British Bake Off right now, and I would of taken many, many pics, and things would be great. In reality, I cannot get to the TV, because a certain someone is watching it! Heaven help me. All I want to do is blog about the Bake Off. Or even try and bake! That would be a great achievement for me. But, no. The kitchen is very un-spacious right now. So, what can I do???

Blog. Obviously. But what about? Hmm... well, although I know very little about baking, I want to blog about that. Maybe... I could get other people's input in this blog, seeing as in my last two I got NO comments!

My question to you guys is... What is the easiest thing to start out with when baking? Is it cake? Biscuits? Bread? What is it?!?

If I do get any answers to this, I'd be ever so grateful. Please please please tell me what you think. I want to know more about baking. It's a wonderful new world to me. And the Bake Off has certainly got me interested in it.

Bye for now, Ss1. x

5 comments:

  1. I think cupcakes are a nice easy way to start SS, good luck let me know how you get on Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. My recommendation would be some slice and bake cookie dough. Dead easy to mix together, roll into a log and slice bits off and bake.

    Maybe after that you can work up to a dough that you roll out and cut shapes out of.

    Easiest way to bake bread is get a bread maker - just chuck all the ingredients into it in right order and switch on. Mine uses cup measures and you don't even have to faff around weighing stuff.

    Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd say biscuits. There are some great oaty recipes on the Good Food site. Delicious and easy to boot. What more can a girl ask for? xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cupcakes all the way... is there an Iron Cupcake near you?? xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd say muffins. So so simple that the kiddie workshop I did last week generated 100% perfect batches from them. Stir the dry stuff, mix the wet stuff, add together, bash in hottish oven til brown. Job done. Try these ones with extra vitamin C to help boost those creative thoughts:
    http://thebotanicalbaker.wordpress.com/plants/blackberry/blackberry-breakfast-muffins/

    ReplyDelete