The Supersizers Eat The 1980s

The Supersizers Eat The 1980s
Adam Ant and Madonna-style clothing, which Giles and Sue wear.

Sunday 11 September 2011

Fashion, a day out, and another hobby.

Today has been fun. I went out TWICE. Yes, twice! Once to do a bit of shopping, and again to go for a walk. Both were good. And both allowed me to have some exercise and get out of the house. I'm terrible at the mo. for staying in too much.

In my last blog post I said about my dream day, and that I wanted to go to London very soon. Well, that hasn't come true yet. But, going out at all was an achievement for me. I also said about my life will get better and that things haven't turned out right lately, and that may be why I haven't felt like going out recently. I have been feeling a bit down. Nothing to do with Twitter, and nothing to do with any of you lovely readers, just because things haven't turned out right.

Hopefully things will change soon, for the better. But, until then I'll keep blogging and tweeting, and wasting my days away, dreaming of the future.

Now, the whole point of blogging tonight, wasn't just to ramble. I wanted to write about fashion, and my day out. Why fashion? Because, whilst I was out I bought The Sunday Times, and earlier tonight I browsed through the STYLE magazine, and saw and read some pretty interesting things. Like a lipstick hanging from a tree, that had false eyelashes for leaves. Weird I know.

I wanted to give you my slant on fashion. Well, I'm not that fussed, if I'm being honest. Fashion doesn't really bother me. I wear what I like, and I don't follow trends. I'm not a bad dresser though, but I'm not glam and glittzy either. I think fashion should reflect your personality, and how you feel. It's alright following trends, but you shouldn't do it just to impress your friends, or to look cool.

In the magazine I read about faux fur, and about what the latest trends are. And I honestly thought, who cares? How many people do you really see walking down the road wearing faux fur? I don't see anyone wearing it - at least I didn't today. It may be cheaper than real fur, and poorer people may buy it, but mainly you only see very rich people wearing it, because they think it's fashionable, and feel confident in it. I could not walk down the street confidently wearing faux fur. I have something that is faux fur, but I'd only wear it to a special event.

I also saw a dress in the magazine that cost (and I'm not kidding you) £3,105! Who in their right mind would buy that?! And more importantly, who could afford that? I was in shock. Do they think we're all millionaires?

And the dress wasn't even that nice looking. It was a gypsy style dress, and it was white and dark green, with a leafy pattern on it. The model was pretty though - a young blonde girl, in her twenties. She also wore some very pointy shoes, that cost £560!

This magazine is only for the super rich! I would not buy anything from it, ever...

And that's about it. Not much more I can say. Please leave a comment below, telling me what you thought of my blog post, and the expensive stuff in that magazine, and what you think of fashion.

See you all soon, Ss1. x

P.S. I forgot to write about my other hobby. Basically it's reading. Although in the past I haven't been a big reader, I'm really starting to enjoy it more, and I've finished reading Mark Watson's book Eleven, the other day.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I hate it when magazines feature really expensive clothes... not in my price range! xx

    ReplyDelete