The Supersizers Eat The 1980s

The Supersizers Eat The 1980s
Adam Ant and Madonna-style clothing, which Giles and Sue wear.

Monday 5 September 2011

My Twitter story.

Since joining Twitter on the 21st of May 2010, a lot of amazing things have happened. I met Giles Coren, then I met Sue Perkins, then I met Mark Watson. And the first person I followed was Giles Coren, and maybe that's why he's my Godfather (see the link below).

http://twbirthday.com/supersizer1/

It's been an up and down journey. Some people have blocked me, for reasons I'll never know, others have unfollowed me, also for unknown reasons - maybe they got bored with me, maybe they just realised that what they were into, was not what I was into, maybe they just didn't get my humour - I'll never understand those people. But also, there are the people who have followed me, and stayed following me. They are the BEST people. For example: @thepinkwhisk, @MayorOfLondon, @Miranda_LadyA, etc.

And, most importantly of all, if it weren't for Giles Coren and Sue Perkins being on Twitter, I'd of never joined, and I would of never tweeted these amazing people, I'd of never started a blog, and I'd of never met Sue Perkins or Mark Watson, as they were both achieved through the power of Twitter, and meeting Sue Perkins only came about because I tweeted her, then she tweeted me, etc. And I got put on her guest list for The News Quiz, and it was all thanks to Twitter. And she even followed me for a short while to get some info. from me. (How cool is that?)

Without Twitter my life would be boring as hell. No lie. I really do love it, and talking to new people, as well as old people, who I've been tweeting for months, or maybe more. It's just become a big part of my life, and it means a lot to me.

Also, recently, I have been tweeting newer people, like @HollyBellMummy, @JoanneWheatley, etc. They are lovely, and very nice to me. I could not of wished for better people to tweet with. Also, @BotanicalBaker has followed me, and tweeted me recently, and she is also very nice, and funny.

There are so many things that have happened that it's hard to write about it all, but I thought I'd do this, just to give you an idea of what my time on Twitter has been like, and how it's like now. It also shows my progress. I remember when I had no followers, then just one. Then now, I have over 300 followers in just over a year and three months.

Who knows what the next couple of months, or the next year, will bring. Only time will tell.

Ss1. x

3 comments:

  1. Twitter is fun and never let someone unfollowing you bother you. People move on... such is life. Plenty more Twits in the Twitter sea. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha! :) Very true, Holly. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a lovely post about the positives of technology like twitter. Like minded people coming together sharing a banter. Lovvit :-)

    ReplyDelete