The Supersizers Eat The 1980s

The Supersizers Eat The 1980s
Adam Ant and Madonna-style clothing, which Giles and Sue wear.

Tuesday 27 September 2011

Giles Coren in I've Never Seen Star Wars.

Ok, so on Twitter I've been saying I'm busy. Well, I am. But this had to come first! I mean it's to do with Giles Coren for god's sake! And he is one of my idols, so it's very important to me.

He was on the radio yesterday (the 26th), on Radio 4 Extra, which is Radio 4's extra radio station, which repeats shows that have been on Radio 4 before. I do listen to it occasionally, because some of it is comedy, which I like. Like the 99p Challenge for example (which has Sue Perkins in it). And yesterday, Giles Coren was on it in the morning, but I didn't know, so I listened to the repeat, which was on at around 11pm. And it was (please excuse my language) bloody good! I haven't laughed that much in ages! And I clapped along with the audience when I listened to the show as well! (I'm a avid fan, so, duh!)

He tried lots of things that he doesn't usually do. Like reading Harry Potter, and he ended up liking it! I don't like Harry Potter (the books) because I've only read like the first paragraph of the first book, and I hated it! P.S. It was someone I knew at the time who let me read some of the book. I do however like the films. Well, up until about number 4/5, then I got fed up. It's just so repetative. Same thing always happens - Harry faces a baddy, wins, then Hermione, Ron and him are bezzie mates again, because somewhere in the film they always fall out. Typical H.P. story.

Giles also admitted that he doesn't like dancing in public, like at parties. Neither do I! I used to when I was a kid at school discos. But not any more. I don't go to parties, and have very few friends, like Giles.

He also became a vegan for a week, which was hilarious! His comments about the food were very funny! Most were negative, and I don't blame him. I wouldn't want to be vegan either!

And finally, he listened to the charts. You know, modern music. And what he said was very truthful, and I agreed with pretty much all of it. Wiz Khalifa (if that's how you spell it) was rubbish. And he is. Black and Yellow - blergh..... Jessie J. was ok. I agree. Lady Gaga (who Giles pronounced Ga... ga, instead of Gar... gar) he didn't mind, but didn't really like her sort of shouting, or maybe it was rapping, I can't remember. J.Lo was rubbish. On The Floor - nah. But Dr. Dre and Eminem, yeah! I like their song I Need A Doctor too, just like Giles did.

So, overall, a great show. Funny, and it made me find stuff out about Giles, that I never knew. My score: 10/10! Loved it all! xxx

Ss1.

No comments:

Post a Comment