The Supersizers Eat The 1980s

The Supersizers Eat The 1980s
Adam Ant and Madonna-style clothing, which Giles and Sue wear.

Tuesday 6 September 2011

The Great British Bake Off - biscuits. (My review.)

Good evening everybody! I have just been watching The Great British Bake Off, and it was one of the most tense episodes yet. It was full of disaster and triumph (if that spelling is wrong, then I'm sorry, I do make some silly mistakes sometimes). Holly and Jo were very good this week. Holly was crowned star baker, in joint place with Jason - who now I'm remembering his name (ha ha ha!). Jo had a bad round with her Brandy Snaps, which unfortunately came out undercooked, because her oven was accidently set to Defrost, which was a terrible tragedy. I was then quite worried as to whether she'd make it through to the next week. Luckily, her macaroons turned out nicely, and she did not go home. Phew. I was so pleased for her.

There were three rounds, as always. And there were 8 contestants left in the competition. One had to go, of course, and that was Ben. I thought Yasmin might go, but I was wrong. It was too close at the end to call.

Now, as I didn't take any pics last week, I am totally making up for it tonight, as I have taken loads (from the TV). I may not use them all, but we'll soon see, as they've just been imported. I'm going to have a look now, then upload the best ones for you to see.

 Here is the funniest shot I could get of Mel and Sue. They look slightly freaky, but in a good way.

Here are Jo's Lavender biscuits, which are shaped like hearts. This is while she is adding sparkle to them. I think they look beautiful.

Here are Holly's Strawberry and Custard melts, which look a bit like Vienesse Whirls.

This is one of Jo's Brandy Snaps gone wrong. It's quite a sad image, but it wasn't really Jo's fault. (It was the bloody oven.)

See what I mean?

Here is a nice pic of Jo, who doesn't seem that bothered by the whole Brandy Snaps disaster. Like me, she seems to bounce back pretty well in a crisis.

Here is a nice pic of Holly in her lovely red top. I am loving the bow at the front of it. She looks very fashionable, and seems to be finished before the others, like Ruth Clemens was in series 1.

Here are Holly's lovely macaroons, which were inspired by chocolate bars she used to eat when she was young. I think they look very child-like, like lollipops.

Here are Jo's macaroons, which look very colourful, and bright. And they are all flavours I like too.

Here is Jason giving Holly a high five at the end. It was one of my favourite moments from the episode. They all look very cheerful.

I hope you liked my pics. I never would of thought I'd take them on the same night as watching the show, but I felt it had to be done, and I have thouroughly enjoyed it.

Thank you so much for reading, and please comment below, as I'd love to know what you thought.

Ss1. x

4 comments:

  1. You'll be putting me out of a job at this rate, Miss S! Well done with t'pictures. I'll be taking my usual screenshots and hope to write an article of my own for my blog tomorrow.

    I thought (and said) the same about Holly when she was sitting there with her Macaroons (or was it her Brandy Snaps?) all done, and am obviously delighted that she and Jo made it through. Missed Urvashi, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey SS thank you for your lovely post i'm really pleased I went through x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi- thanks for the mention lovely. Love that last pic :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent post. How ill at ease do I look doing a high five! Ha ha. Well done on the pics and the post Missy. xx

    ReplyDelete