The Supersizers Eat The 1980s

The Supersizers Eat The 1980s
Adam Ant and Madonna-style clothing, which Giles and Sue wear.

Sunday 23 October 2011

Fashion question.

I am a young lady who is mildly into fashion. I mean I don't really follow trends, unless I happen to chose something that is in fashion at the time. And I don't go out to get new clothes unless I really have to. In other words, I'm not a slave to fashion. I do however like going to the shops, when it's absolutely necessary, and I only get what I can afford, but I do happen to like the look of expensive things. You know when you walk into a clothes shop and you see something and think "Ooo, that looks nice!", then you look at the price tag and think "Wow, that's expensive.", and walk away slowly. Yeah, well that seems to happen to me quite a bit. For years, actually.

Anyway, that was just the introduction, just so you know my slant on fashion, before I tell you my question. The question revolves around what happened to me yesterday evening, while I was out. I was at a till in a supermarket, when the checkout girl said she liked my necklace, which was new. I was flattered. Then she asked where I got it from, and I told her, although I had to correct myself, as I'm not the best at remembering where I bought things from. I then said that my jumper was new as well, and that I got it as I wanted warmer clothes because it's getting colder outside.

This was all fine, however I can't seem to understand how she noticed the necklace but not the jumper. I was far more proud to be wearing the jumper, than I was wearing the necklace. The necklace was just an accessory, the jumper however struck me as being completely different to what I would normally wear. I mean it was much thicker than the sort of jumpers I have been wearing the last few years, and also was a lot longer too.

My fashion question to you lot is: How come she noticed the necklace, but not the jumper?

All thoughts on this are welcome. I'm interested to see what you lot come up with.

Ss1. x

No comments:

Post a Comment