The Supersizers Eat The 1980s

The Supersizers Eat The 1980s
Adam Ant and Madonna-style clothing, which Giles and Sue wear.

Wednesday 5 October 2011

The Great British Bake Off - final!

Now that The Great British Bake Off has finished, I feel a bit sad. I know there are three more episodes left, but that's not the competition part. I've really loved watching the show. It's such a joyful programme to watch, and it had such lovely people in it this year who took part. And the fact that Mel and Sue were allowed to be more funny, and that I had a part to play in that, because of my Twitition, means a lot to me.

From the start I had two favourites - Jo and Holly, and I said on Twitter that if one of them won then I'd be very happy. And I am, because Jo won! Well done Jo! But commiserations to Mary-Anne and Holly, who were both great in the final.

And I think it's bizzare that the person who ended up winning the competition was the first to comment on my blog (out of all the Bake Off people). That was an exciting moment - when I found that someone new commented on my blog, and it was Jo. At that time I had no idea who she was. Then I read her profile on Blogger, and found out she was going to be on The Great British Bake Off. Then the next thing I know, on Twitter, Holly retweets a tweet of mine to do with my blog. And she followed me. These were all very exciting moments for me, and the show hadn't even been shown yet!

I had three favourite moments in the episode, which I'd like to share with you.

The first was when Jo, Holly and Mary-Anne were all busy doing the second challenge, which is the technical bake. They had to make a Sacher torte each, which is an Austrian chocolate cake, and has the word Sacher written in the middle of it in milk chocolate. This was a funny thing to watch, as they all had a different style of writing.

Holly's Sacher was very neat, and pretty.

Jo's Sacher wasn't the neatest, and she said on the show that it was child-like, and that she's terrible at writing, however I liked it, especially the extra swirls above and below the word Sacher.

And Mary-Anne's Sacher was spelt Sacha, which is similar to her daughter's name, Sasha. And this happened because Sue distracted her, by talking to her, saying you don't want to misspell it, and then said that you could put Sasha, and it would be an ode to her daughter.

And here is Sue and Mary-Anne just after Mary-Anne spelt the word Sacher wrong. They both crack up with laughter. It was such a funny moment.

The second moment which I really liked was when a squirrel pops up in a shot, showing us it's private parts. In a way, it's kind of wrong to show that on TV, but in another way, it was very funny. So... in order to show you this shot in the politest way possible, I have blacked out it's private parts, and given it a nice yellow border. I hope you like it.

This is a funny pic isn't it? In a way the black circle kind of emphasises its parts more. But look how cute its eyes are. I just had to show this pic!

And last but not least, this next moment was probably the funniest moment in the episode. This was when Holly was busy doing the final Show-stopper Challenge, and she had to run and get a bowl. Sue then decided to follow her. And Sue said "It's get fit with Holly." and Holly laughed.

Here's a pic of Holly and Sue.

Personally, I think they both look very happy. What do you think?

And, my final blog post about The Great British Bake Off, series 2, would not be complete, without a few pics of the much deserved winner, Jo.

Here is Jo with her amazing Show-stopper display. Including: Mini Victoria Sandwiches, Rasperry, White Chocolate and Pistachio Mini Meringues and Mini Banoffee Pie with Banana Mousse.

This is the moment when Mel has told everyone that it's Jo who has won.

This is when Mary Berry hands Jo the winner's trophy, and says to Jo "Couldn't of happened to a nicer girl.". I couldn't agree more.

And this is probably my favourite shot, when Mel and Sue hug Jo. It just makes me feel really happy looking at it.

I really hope you liked my final Bake Off blog post for this series. It's a show I'll probably never forget, because it's just so great. Hopefully there'll be a show as good as this which I can blog about in the future.

Please leave a comment about the show, or/and what you thought of my blog post and pics.

Thanks for reading, and bye for now. Ss1. xxx


3 comments:

  1. I'm so going to miss it! *sob* I feel I need a club where I can have my own mini bake off just to get me through! So hoping to get on one of Jo's cupcake decorating courses for christmas! Great Post. Steph x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice blog SS1 and some gorgeous photos and reminders of the funny moments, thanks :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah what a lovely post lady! I really like it a lot. Glad I looked at it after the Twitter meltdown. xxx

    ReplyDelete