The Supersizers Eat The 1980s

The Supersizers Eat The 1980s
Adam Ant and Madonna-style clothing, which Giles and Sue wear.

Thursday 13 October 2011

Bread & butter pudding and The Great British Bake Off Masterclass.

I blog best when something is fresh in my mind. Which is why I'm blogging at one-fourty-one in the morning. (But to me it's still the evening.)

Tonight I watched The Great British Bake Off Masterclass, which is episode 9/11, in this year's Bake Off series. Mary Berry and Paul Hollywood show you exactly how to make the technical bakes from the series.

In this episode (which was from last Thursday) Paul shows us how to make the perfect Focaccia, and Mary shows us how to make Tarte Au Citron, Coffee and Walnut Battenburg, and Brandy Snaps.

I've got to say, Mary makes everything look so easy to make. I love how she takes her time with explaining how to do each little part. Not like Paul Hollywood. I don't think he's precise enough. Like when he was making Focaccia he just put the olive oil onto it in quite a slap-dash manner.

It was a real joy to watch though. I loved it when they would add little flashbacks from the series, and show a little bit of the contestants, and Mel and Sue.

I especially enjoyed seeing Jo's Brandy Snaps disaster again. That was very funny - the oven was set to Defrost by accident. Poor Jo though, I really felt sorry for her. But it wasn't all doom and gloom. After all, she did win the competition. Hooray!

Now, time to show you the Bread & Butter Pudding I microwaved. I know it's not proper cooking, but I'm getting there, one small step at a time.

Doesn't it look lovely? I certainly enjoyed eating it! (Well 2/3 of it, but it does serve 2.)

Anyway, if you have anything to say about the Masterclass, or my Bread & Butter Pudding, please leave a message after the tone. Ha! Only joking. Leave a comment. Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease. *smiles at you*

Lots of bloggin' love, Ss1. xxx

2 comments:

  1. Haha! The Bread and Butter pudding is just begging for custard! ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the masterclass too - brought back lovely memories

    ReplyDelete