The Supersizers Eat The 1980s

The Supersizers Eat The 1980s
Adam Ant and Madonna-style clothing, which Giles and Sue wear.

Wednesday 11 January 2012

My review of the latest Bake Off and The Supersizers Eat... Medieval.

Well what an evening's television that was! I was thouroughly entertained, by both Mel in the Bake Off for Sport Relief, and by Sue and Giles in The Supersizers Eat... Medieval, which was a repeat shown on YeSTERDAY.

It was surprising how much I enjoyed the Bake Off without Sue. Although it wasn't an improvement without her, god no. But it didn't spoil my enjoyment of the programme. Mel was incredibly funny, and made a joke about scones, which made me chuckle, and the simplicity of it showed just how funny she can be even when she says very little. All the contestants tried their hardest to impress Paul and Mary, and Sarah in particular stood out for me as she had such a poor start, but shined in the technical baking challenge. Sadly she did not win the heat, but she was my favourite, and she showed that she can bake, as well as being a comedienne and actress.

The Supersizers was equally as amusing as the Bake Off, and although I had seen the episode more than once already, it still made me giggle, even though I knew what was coming. It is comedy gold as far as I'm concerned. There is nothing else like it, and I don't think anything could ever compare to it. Sue was a damsel in distress, while Giles was a Baron who'd taken over Sue's castle, and killed her relatives. Giles was supposed to be angry, while Sue was quite sad. I would use the proper words for sad and angry, but I don't know how to spell them. Giles and Sue ate many animals throughout the programme, and some that had been invented, like the Cockentrice (if that's the correct spelling). Which is a mix between a cockrel and a pig. Lovely. And at the end of the week, they had a big feast with more strange animals, and multi-coloured jelly, and even eggs with marzipan inside them. And a pie that had the letters S & G on it, to represent Sue and Giles. It was very funny, and very educational, and if you were doing a course studying Medieval food and culture, it would be the perfect thing to watch.

Pictures will be in my next blog post of the Bake Off, and maybe some of The Supersizers too.

Thanks for reading. Ss1. xxx

1 comment:

  1. Lovely, informative blog post ! Once again your enthusiasm shines through and makes the article such a pleasure to read. Well done honey !!

    ReplyDelete