The Supersizers Eat The 1980s

The Supersizers Eat The 1980s
Adam Ant and Madonna-style clothing, which Giles and Sue wear.

Friday 18 November 2011

What I did on my day out.

So, today (well Thursday now), I went out for the first time in a while. And I managed to cram a lot in.

I got up before 9am! This is not like me. But I did have to be somewhere. But as soon as I'd been to the place I had to go to, I went shopping, and went walking in a local park - where I saw ducks, dogs, people, you know, things you'd usually see in a park - I also went to a cafe, and had an omelette (like they do in Gavin and Stacey) but not on its own, it had coleslaw, tomatoes (which I actually didn't like, only because they tasted sharp, and I don't really like fresh tomatoes on their own) and lettuce and rocket. I also had a cappuccino. It was as Stacey would say "lush".

The park was very large. I walked a couple of miles in it. It was nice to be out in the daytime, and it was also quite warm, for this time of year. It was very sunny, and I felt so happy to be outside, and breathing in the fresh air. It's been a while since I last went walking in a park.

As I was walking, (with my companion, who I've only just mentioned) I started to think about directions, like north, east, south, west. This then made me think of All Roads Lead Home and how Sue, Alison and Stephen were taught about how nature can tell you which direction is north, etc. Unfortunately, I can't remember how to work out directions using nature. I know it has something to do with trees, and buildings, like churches, and poo, and other things. That reminds me. I do remember one thing. The more moist side of animal poo is the north side, and the drier side is the south side. That I remember for a fact. Hurrah!

It had to be the poo fact, didn't it? How embarrassing.

Anyway, back to what I did on my day out. Oh, and there is, as it happens, a great story about poo, to do with when I was in the park, but I'm unsure whether to put it in my blog or not. Maybe not, as I've used the word poo far too many times in this blog post already.

But I'll do it anyway. There was a dog who went poo by the side of a river, and it was amongst lots of leaves, and the dog's owner couldn't find where the poo was. It was so funny to watch. I'm afraid the humour may be lacking in my retelling of the story. I guess what made it so funny, was the fact that the owner took so long to find the poo.

So, to now safely steer away from the topic of poo, I will tell you what happened in the cafe.

There was a poshy mother of two young children, who sat three tables to the left of me and my companion. They didn't stay for long, but they did come back twice. Both times to use the toilets. I thought this was really odd when I saw them do this. So did my companion. Anyway, after I'd eaten I filled out a sevice-rating card, and I gave the service an 8/10. A bit like when Giles does his restaurant reviews.

Then me and my companion did a bit more shopping, and then I got home on a crowded bus. I could barely get out. It was so awkward.

But it was a good day all round. I guess the one thing that today (Thursday) has taught me is that I should probably try and get out more.

Ss1. x

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely blog post, it sounds as though you had a lovely day. You should do this more often , its nice for your readers to have a little insight into what makes you tick. I have always thought you are holding back a lot. You can be a little more specific about things and still remain anonymous. I am also a very private person but I think a writer needs to give a little of themselves for the reader to really get under the skin of a writer and really 'FEEL' the story . Of course this is just my opinion, and I do appreciate your right to remain enigmatic ! Your blogs are always fascinating .

    ReplyDelete