The Supersizers Eat The 1980s

The Supersizers Eat The 1980s
Adam Ant and Madonna-style clothing, which Giles and Sue wear.

Thursday 3 November 2011

It's Quiz Time!

Hello everyone. I've been feeling a lot better tonight. Mainly because of this quiz I've done tonight with two people I know, but also because my mind set has improved. I am actually feeling more positive. Hooray! And, seeing as I've done this quiz and it has been lingering in the back of my mind to do a quiz on my blog, and because @LucyMGreenfield said I should do it, I'm going to put the quiz on my blog, and see if you lot can answer the questions.

1. Julius Caesar was assassinated on the 'Ides' of which month?
a) March b) Arpil or c) May

2. Which cricketer scored 158 in the Oval Test in 2005 to help win the Ashes for England?
a) Andrew Flintoff b) Andrew Strauss or c) Kevin Peterson

3. Who plays the hopelessly inept TV presenter Alan Partridge on TV?
a) Steve Coogan b) Ardal O'Hanlon or c) Robert Lindsay

4. What sort of food is a bara brith?
a) Cheese b) Bread or c) Seaweed

5. Which baseball star married Marilyn Monroe in 1954?
a) Joe DiMaggio b) Micky Mantle or c) Babe Ruth

6. King Idris the First was the ruler of which country?
a) Saudi Arabia b) Ethiopia or c) Libya

7. Who became the UK Chancellor of the Exchequer in 1974?
a) Denis Healey b) Michael Foot or c) Tony Benn

8. Angels and Demons is a best-selling book by which author?
a) Jeffrey Archer b) Robert Rankin or c) Dan Brown

9. The Balearic Islands belong to which country?
a) Italy b) Spain or c) Greece

10. In Greek mythology, what type of creature was Polyphemus?
a) Centaur b) Gorgon or c) Cyclops

11. Which comedienne coined the catchphrase "Am I bovvered?"?
a) Victoria Wood b) Gina Yashere or c) Catherine Tate

12. What was the last battle at which a British king led his troops?
a) Ramillies b) Dettingen or c) Amiens

I will say that I knew questions 3 and 11. Obviously because I watch a great deal of TV, and they both relate to comedians.

Please leave a comment below telling me the answers you got, and the person with the most correct answers wins this: I will mention their name in my next blog post. Well, this isn't a prize giveaway or anything. (Ha ha!)

Ss1. xxx

4 comments:

  1. You haven't put answers on so I dont know how many I got right. Perhaps you could tell me how I have done and which ones I got wrong. Ta
    1a 2a 3a 4b 5a 6b 7a 8c 9b 10 b 11c 12b

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. Thanks for taking the quiz. You got 9/12 correct! Well done! I'll put the answers in my next blog post when more people have taken part. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry hun, been busy with my big sis!

    1):a, March/ 2) a, Flintoff/ 3) a, Steve Coogan/ 4) No idea! 5) a, Joe DiMaggio/ 6) c, Libya/ 7) a, Denis Healy/ 8) Dunno! 9) b, Spain/ 10) c, Cyclops/ 11) c, Catherine Tate/ 12, Dunno!!

    Given that I don't know 3 and in all likelihood some of my choices are wrong, I think it's safe to say I'm not your winner! ;) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. March
    Flintoff
    Coogan
    Seaweed
    DiMaggio
    Ethiopia
    Healey
    Brown
    Spain
    Gorgon
    Tate
    Amiens

    Lucy brought me here :)

    ReplyDelete