The Supersizers Eat The 1980s

The Supersizers Eat The 1980s
Adam Ant and Madonna-style clothing, which Giles and Sue wear.

Friday 13 May 2011

Blogging Buzz - I'm going to blog my heart out!

Hello everyone! I thought I'd blog today seeing as I haven't for a while. Also, because I promised I would on Twitter last night.

News, news, and more news: last night I watched 'The Supersizers Go... Elizabethan' and it was a hoot! I really enjoyed it, and Giles and Sue were as funny as I remembered them the first time I saw that episode. It was set in the Elizabethan times (of course) and the time when Elizabeth the 1st was on the throne and Shakespeare was alive.

Giles and Sue started the show, by going to the doctors for a check up. Both were pretty good weights, except Giles was a bit overweight, and Sue was in between under and normal weight. Giles said it was because she was a vegetarian, and Sue laughed, and couldn't stop laughing for a while.

Then, they got into their Elizabethan gear, as a wealthy married couple.

Then, over the course of seven days, they ate all Elizabethan food, mainly consisting of meat and sugar, and beer. This was definately NOT one of my fave, as far as the food was concerned. No way! Too much meat, and not enough fruit and veg (not that I'm a big fruit or veg eater) and no water AT ALL! I can't live without water in my diet! Also, there was no tea or coffee, which, for me, wouldn't be very nice either. I love my tea! Especially ordinary (not sure what brand it is right now) and herbal - that's Twinings and RedBush. They're my faves.

Anyways, at the end of the week, Giles and Sue went back to the doctors, and they had actually LOST weight. Sue had lost more than Giles. Then Sue said that she was glad about going home for the weekend and aiming to put on a stone in weight. As would I be! But, not all at once. And she wanted to buy three BUCKETS of tea, and drink it! A bit extreme, but hilarious!!!

Anywho... I loved this episode, and would give it an 8/10 - purely on its comedic style and the clothes they wore and quite disgusting food they ate. The history part wasn't what I liked best. Although I do like the time period, especially as it was when Shakespeare was around.

So, bye for now people of Blogger!

Miss Supersizer. xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment