The Supersizers Eat The 1980s

The Supersizers Eat The 1980s
Adam Ant and Madonna-style clothing, which Giles and Sue wear.

Thursday 23 August 2012

Make-up tips, GBBO, and general life update.

Life has been a slow-moving thing lately. Don't have much to say. Should just skip this bit. Ok. Maybe just a few things I could mention..... Pandora from Capital FM has replied to me lately, about my nails, and jeggings, and other such things. I got followed by Emily Segal (another Capital FM presenter), and got a tweet from a new contestant from the new series of The Great British Bake Off! And at long last I am blogging about the show...

At least I will be blogging about the Bake Off, once the make-up bit of my blog is done.

Yes. Make-up again. I just feel like it's worthwhile I blog about it because it's something I'm interested in, and know a fair bit about. I'm no expert. No great genius. No Time Lord, for make-up. (That made no sense, but I like Doctor Who, so...)

Make-up tip no. 1: Never make your face up like a clown. It's not pretty. It's just wrong. Only clowns should wear clown make-up. (This is a jokey tip. I don't expect anyone to wear clown make-up, on an everyday basis.)

Make-up tip no. 2: If you want to make your lipstick look more like a gloss, and just more glossy, use a lip balm underneath to add moisture to the lips. (This may sound nuts, but I swear it works. I have tried it. I saw a girl do it in a YouTube video, and thought, yeah, I can do that.)

Make-up tip no. 3: Applying 2 coats of nail polish won't always ensure that the polish lasts for longer than if you just put one coat on. I tried 2 coats with my latest polish. It's already chipping. And this is day 2. I'm sorry, the number of coats just doesn't change how easily the nail polish chips.

Ok. Enough make-up stuff now. I can't think anymore. I will do more another time, when I've thought of some more.

GBBO blogging starts here!

(From left to right) Sue, Mel.


I'm finally blogging about the Bake Off! It has taken me just over two weeks, I know! I feel awful. And not just about not blogging soon enough, but also about other things in my life. I won't go into details, but let's just say a few changes have occured recently which I'm not entirely happy with. Oh well, moving on....

The Great British Bake Off has reached series 3! I'm so happy it's back! It has been a long old wait for it, but it has now arrived onto our TV screens. (Luckily my new TV arrived in time to watch the first ep!)

Both episode 1 & 2 have been a delight to watch. I have started to see which contestants are looking hopeful to get to the end, and which ones aren't. A few in particular have caught my eye. Cathryn, Victoria, and two of the men. (Vague, I know.)

At this early stage I have found it hard to remember everyone's names, and unlike in series 1 & 2, I have not followed many of the contestants on Twitter yet. I do hope to follow some more, but haven't got a chance to look them up. If anyone wants to suggest anyone for me to follow, I'd be grateful if you left a comment below, or tweeted me @Supersizer1.

Also, besides the great baking taking place on the show, I have found it a joy to see Mel and Sue back to their old tricks, joking and smiling, and generally being a laugh to watch. And also comforting contestants who are struggling to keep their cool.

As someone who's met both Mel and Sue, on seperate occasions, I know how lovely they are, and how comforting they can be. Especially Mel, as I got upset at a show of hers (a play, actually) because I'd come a long way to see the play, but the ushers wouldn't let me in, because me and my companion were 5 minutes late. That totally broke my heart. Mel gave me a massive hug when she first saw me though. So it was all good in the end.

Also, the clothes Mel and Sue have worn this time around have been awesome. I especially love Mel's jumper/cardigan that she wears in episode 2.

Maybe it was a jacket? Anyway, I love it! (Mel's jacket.)

 
Sue's clothes are cool too. I do like the grey jacket she has on in the pic above. (I took both pics, by the way. From my TV.)

OK. Blogging is done, for now. I will definitely do more blog posts about the Bake Off, in the coming weeks. And I'll try & keep it more on a regualar basis. I do really enjoy blogging, but just don't get 'round to it enough. Sorry if anyone's been missing my posts.

Leave a comment below, letting me know what you thought of the blog post & the GBBO too, if you like. Thanks for reading. Bye for now.

Ss1. xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment