The Supersizers Eat The 1980s

The Supersizers Eat The 1980s
Adam Ant and Madonna-style clothing, which Giles and Sue wear.

Saturday 4 August 2012

Good times, bad times, crazy times. Everyone has them, right?

Lately I've had all three of the above. Good times - going for walks, the Olympics Opening Ceremony, make-up experiments. Bad times - TV not working, someone I know being a pain sometimes, really crappy weather (you know: rain, sun, rain, sun...). Crazy times - getting tweets from Giles Coren, having a party with no-one else there, being an all-nighter, who won't go to bed until it's well into the morning. I honestly have had the worst sleeping pattern ever lately. I am such a late night owl. Wildly wide awake at strange times. I could have been an owl in my last life. Or a fox. Infact, I probably was.

My make-up experiments have ranged from the craziest eye liner look ever to a natural, fresh-faced, lightly made up look. I have many sides to me, and my make-up looks really seem to show off how I feel. I have felt like it's about time I shared my make-up stuff with you. I'm not saying copy what I do, but if you want to I won't mind. I mean, if you want to try my make-up looks out, you can.

Here's one for you, I'll call it Blue Eyes With Wings. Don't let this scare you off now. Just hear me out...

Ok, to start you can do what you want with your foundation, blusher, lipstick (or gloss). It's all about the eyes though. So try and avoid a dark lipstick (or gloss), and go for neutral shades. Light pink, beige, lilac.

Also, do it in any order you like. If you prefer doing your lips before your eyes, then do that. If not, then do your eyes first. It really doesn't matter.

So, for the eyes, start by putting a layer of mascara on your eyelashes. Do it on the top and bottom set of lashes. It's better if you have it on both sets, because it makes them look more even, and stand out more. Feel free to use any mascara you like. I use an 'Ultimate Length' one, which helps to 'create ultimate lash length'. And it really does make the lashes look pretty long.

Next, apply a thin(ish) layer of eyeliner to your lower and upper areas of your eye. Just under the lower lashes, and just above the upper lashes. I use a little black one, which is like a mini pencil. It's quite cute and came free in a mag, I think. It works surprising well for a free one. But you can use what you want.

Then, to add a dramatic 'wing' look to your eyes, draw a diagonal line with the same black eyeliner on the outer corners of your eyes. Do this repeatedly, and change the angle of the eyeliner, so it creates a wing effect. Basically like you've got fake eyelashes on.

Lastly, add a thick layer of blue eyeshadow to your eyes. And make it come out wider on the inner corners. This just helps to make your look even more dramatic.

Then, if you've still not done your blusher or lipstick, etc. then quickly apply both. (Obviously if you have the time, don't rush these things. But I tend to do my make-up quite quickly, most of the time.)

AND THERE YOU HAVE IT! Your Blue Eyes With Wings look is complete!

If you do try this look out, then I'd be happy if you sent me a pic of it. Tweet me @Supersizer1 and I'll take a look. Don't worry though if you don't want to. It's not absolutely vital.

Here's what mine looked like. Obviously this pic's been edited. Mainly because I like to keep my identity a secret.

Thanks for reading, you lovely people. Bye for now. Ss1. xxx

1 comment:

  1. I've been having the same weird sleeping pattern, I don't think it's doing any good and I'm going to try the Blue Eyes With Wings when I go out next :D :) xx

    ReplyDelete