The Supersizers Eat The 1980s

The Supersizers Eat The 1980s
Adam Ant and Madonna-style clothing, which Giles and Sue wear.

Thursday 21 July 2011

Giles Coren & Kitty in The Times Magazine.

Hello there! I know I haven't blogged for a while, but I haven't had the time, and I also haven't felt very inspired, until now...

Because, when I went and got The Times 5 days ago, on Saturday, and when I got around to reading it, (which I do try very hard to do, especially if I'm busy, but when I'm not, it's quite easy to get around to reading it) I found that Giles Coren was on the cover! And also a certain little lady was being held by him; it was Kitty (Giles' 5 month old daughter).

Take a look at the picture I took of the cover below:


Doesn't Kitty look cute?

It's just one of those things that you have to capture when it's new, and exciting - which it was to me.

Seeing Giles holding Kitty on the cover was a lovely sight to behold. He's a daddy! And by the sound of his article in The Times Magazine, he is a very good one! Some of the things he promised Kitty in it were very lovely. For example, he said 'I will never smack you.' which is a good thing. I mean, to be honest, I have been smacked by my parents when I was younger, only once, by both of them at different times, and I'm sure I'm not alone. I'd guess that most parents smack their children, at some stage in their childhood. I know it's wrong, and if I have children, then I wouldn't want to smack them. And Giles has the right kind of idea, not to be aggressive towards Kitty. If you are aggressive towards children, they will only end up hating you, and will want to leave home sooner than other children.

It was a very lovely article that Giles wrote. He wrote it on honeymoon, and it was him promising what he would do, when his unborn child was born, although he didn't know that she'd be born, or that it would be a girl, at that stage.

It was honestly the loveliest thing of his that I have ever read.

I am a great fan of his writing, especially his stuff in The Times, and I really enjoyed reading this article. If I am ever a mother, then I'd love to be just like what he wants to be as a dad. I don't want to be a nagging parent, or an aggressive parent, or a parent who goes out partying and drinking when they should be looking after their kids. Not that I'll be a parent anytime soon. I just want to be a good one, when the time comes.

Thanks for reading, and hope you liked the picture that I took and edited.

Bye for now, Ss1. x


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this - I hadn't bought the copy of the Times that had this Giles article in so it was nice to read what it was about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting. :) Glad you enjoyed reading it. And am I right in thinking, that you're the same Ann from Typepad?

    ReplyDelete