The Supersizers Eat The 1980s

The Supersizers Eat The 1980s
Adam Ant and Madonna-style clothing, which Giles and Sue wear.

Sunday 13 March 2011

Memories, Memories, Memories...

We all have good memories, (and bad of course) and last night really got me thinking about the good times in my life. Especially the times spent with friends, going to memorable places and meeting celebrities.

You see, last night I decided to dig out my old mobile phone and have a look at what I had stored in it from years ago, and what I found really put a smile on my face.

First of all, I looked through all my old songs that I'd downloaded, including ones I'd made up myself using an old game I'd bought. Then, I looked at old photos I'd/other people had taken. This included one of me and my best friend smiling, looking really happy outside this place we'd visited. Also there were a few photos of us at Madame Tussauds: one of us with Ant and Dec, another with The Beatles, and a few of me with some really well known singers like Christina Aguilera, Beyonce, and J.Lo. And my most treasured picture on my phone was one of me and (the real) Catherine Tate outside a theatre after me and a companion of mine had seen her in the play 'Under The Blue Sky', which also starred Chris O'Dowd (from 'The IT Crowd') who we also met!

This also got me thinking today of all the other celebrities I've met over the years, like most recently Sue Perkins (in February) and Giles Coren (in October of last year). But also: Mel Giedroyc, Lenny Henry, Joanna Lumley, Pauline Quirke, Nicholas Hoult (who I also met when I met Mel). And a few others too. This makes me feel really lucky to of met them, and also because they are people I admire, and have done for years, especially Mel, Sue and Giles.

Also, what really makes me happy is when they give you a hug. Especially if they mean a lot to you, like: Mel, Nicholas, Sue and Giles. And the more I think about it, the more it seems right. Because, if these people mean so much to you, getting a hug from them means a lot too, and makes you feel closer to them and like they've known you forever.

And that to me, is much more important than just getting an autograph. Yes, an autograph does last forever, but you only ever get to live the moment of meeting them the once (usually) so it's best to make it count, and memories last forever too, especially the best ones.

And whether your best memories are of going out with your friends, time spent with your family, travelling to new and exciting places, or meeting celebrities (like me), they should all be treasured, and occasionally it's nice to remind yourself of them, and bring them back to life.

And the best memories, are those we never forget.

Ss1!

No comments:

Post a Comment