The Supersizers Eat The 1980s

The Supersizers Eat The 1980s
Adam Ant and Madonna-style clothing, which Giles and Sue wear.

Friday 15 April 2011

Alexa and Selena - it continues.

Alexa and Selena are in a cafe, in the late afternoon. It's sunny outside, although the sun is setting, and it's put a strange pinky-orangeness in the sky. The cafe is packed, and people are talking over each other, so all you can hear is the sound of talking, but nothing's clear enough to make out any words. Alexa and Selena are sitting at their regular table, and they both have a hot drink in front of them. Selena's typing furiously on her laptop, whilst Alexa is reading a women's magazine.

Alexa looks up at Selena and says "Could you not type so loudly please? I'm trying to read.".
"Sorry." says Selena. "But I have got to finish this chapter before tonight."
"Why?" asks Alexa, puzzled.
"Because... well I just do. I've got to write it down before I forget it." answers Selena, looking very serious.
"Ok." says Alexa.

Alexa goes back to reading her magazine, and Selena carries on typing, a little quieter this time.

About half an hour later, Alexa puts her magazine down, and looks up at Selena again, who's still typing.
"Can't you stop now?"
"What?" says Selena, looking up, all starey eyed.
"I said, can't you stop now? You've been at that for ages!"
"Oh. Sure. I guess I got a bit carried away." says Selena, looking a bit sad.
"What's wrong Selena? You've been acting strange all afternoon." asks Alexa, who's genuinely concerned.
"Oh nothing. It's just my dad has said I should get a proper job, but I've told him I can't work and write."
"That's not fair. He knows you want to be a writer, doesn't he?"
"Yeah, I've told him loads of times, but it just doesn't sink in." Selena says, putting the lid of her laptop down.
"Come on, let's go for a walk." says Alexa, grabbing her magazine, and putting it in her bag.

Later, in the park...

Alexa and Selena are walking along the path, and the sun is setting still. There are a few people walking dogs, and an old guy is sitting on a bench by the path.

"Alexa? Have you got a letter from that place where you auditioned last week?" asks Selena.
"Um... no." says Alexa.
"Oh. I thought you said they'd reply within the week."
"Yeah, they said they would, but they haven't. I guess I'll have to phone them tomorrow."
"Yeah, you should. Do you think you got the part?"
"I don't know. It went well, I guess, so maybe."
"I hope so. You'd be great in that show."
"Do you think so?"
"Yeah! You're great at acting, Alexa!"
"Thanks Selena." says Alexa, smiling at Selena.



Thanks for reading this ep. of 'Alexa and Selena'. See you next time!
Lots of love, Ss1!

No comments:

Post a Comment