The Supersizers Eat The 1980s

The Supersizers Eat The 1980s
Adam Ant and Madonna-style clothing, which Giles and Sue wear.

Saturday 2 April 2011

Alexa and Selena... go to the supermarket. (And cafe.)

"Alexa, what you looking at?" asks Selena, who's looking over at Alexa, who's browsing through some CDs.
"Just some album by Katy Perry." says Alexa.
"Why you looking at that? You don't even like Katy Perry."
"I just thought the cover looked nice."
"Yeah, I suppose. That's a bit of a weird dress she's wearing, isn't it?"
"I actually like it. It's cool."
"Well I think it makes her look tarty."
"No, it doesn't!"
"Maybe not to you, because you'd wear something like that."
"Yeah, I would. What's wrong with that?"
"Nothing. I just don't like it."
"Ok. Well I do."

Alexa puts the CD back on the rack, and walks over to the DVD section.
Selena waits for her to move away, then picks the CD back up.

"Actually, the dress isn't that bad, it's just Katy that looks tarty." says Selena, to herself.

She puts the CD back, then turns around, and sees a young woman staring at her.

"What?" says Selena, in shock.
"I've met Katy Perry, and she's not tarty at all." says the woman, frowning.
"Sorry." says Selena walking slowly over to Alexa.
"Alexa, lets go."
"Why?"
"Can't tell you now, lets just go."
"But I haven't finished looking at these DVDs."
"Lets go!" says Selena, grabbing Alexa by the arm, and dragging her away.

Later, at the cafe...
Alexa and Selena are standing by the counter looking at all the food on display. The first thing that catches Alexa's eyes are the cakes, whilst Selena's more interested in the sandwiches.

"I think I'll get the cheese and ham sandwich." says Selena to the lady serving.
"And I'll get the strawberry cheesecake." says Alexa.
"Ok. That's £3.60 please." says the lady.

Selena hands the woman the money in the exact change which she took out of her brown zip-up purse.

"Do you want any drinks with that?" asks the lady, taking the money from Selena, and putting it in the till.
"Yes, I'll have a cappicino." says Selena, instantly.
"I'll have a tea, please." says Alexa.
"Alright. They'll be ready in a few minutes." says the lady, handing Selena her sandwich, and Alexa her cake.
"Thanks." says Alexa.
"Yeah, thank you." says Selena. "So, are the drinks free?" she asks.
"No." says the lady. "You pay for them after I've made them." she laughs.
"Oh. Right." says Selena, looking a little bit embarrased.

They take their food and go and sit down at the table by the window.

"It's a nice day today." says Alexa, looking out of the window.
"Yeah, it's a bit cold though." says Selena, shivering, and rubbing her arms.
"But you're wearing a jumper." replies Alexa.
"I know, but the wind has just been going straight through it today."

Selena opens up the wrapping her sandwich is in, and takes half of it out.
Alexa remembers that she forgot to get a fork to eat her cake with, and walks back to the counter to get one.
Selena starts eating her sandwich in silence.
The cafe is completely quiet, and outside the traffic is non-existent. A few leaves are blowing in the breeze, but apart from that there's no movement outside at all.
Alexa walks back to the table, with her fork.
"You found a fork then?" says Selena to Alexa, who's just sat down.
"Yeah." says Alexa, already starting to eat her cake.
"Do you know if the drinks are ready yet?"
"I think the woman's just making them."
"Oh, ok."

They both then eat in silence, and stare out of the window.

"So how come you wanted to leave the supermarket earlier?" asks Alexa.
"Well there was a woman in there that overheard me talking about that Katy Perry album."
"Oh, what did you say?"
"Just that she was tarty."
Alexa laughs.
"What?" says Selena.
"Nothing. It's just funny that you were talking about her in that way, when before you said it was the dress that made her look tarty."
"Yeah, well I changed my mind. I actually thought the dress was alright."


The story continues next time folks.
Lots of love, Ss1!

No comments:

Post a Comment