The Supersizers Eat The 1980s

The Supersizers Eat The 1980s
Adam Ant and Madonna-style clothing, which Giles and Sue wear.

Wednesday 6 June 2012

Life before the internet.

If anyone can actually think back to a time before computers, when they were young, innocent and free, you might be interested to know what life was like for me.

Like any child, I would play with toys, for hours and hours. I had very little to worry about. Infact, the internet was a scary concept to me back then. What scared me most was basically stories I had heard on the TV, news stories about people going on the internet, chat rooms, etc. I was one of those people who other people would think I used internet sites, when in actual fact, I didn't.

I'm now in a very different place in my life, and now actually have the time to tweet, blog, share pics, etc. Back then, in my earlier years, I did not have that kind of time. Also, I'd say that sites, such as Twitter, have become more popular, mainly due to celebrities using them. And so, people such as myself, are going on it more, not just to chat to anyone, but to see what their favourite stars are up to, and to find out what TV appearances they'll be making soon.

People like Giles Coren and Sue Perkins are what make the internet enjoyable for me. I only joined Twitter initially because they were using it to chat with each other. I then eventually gained enough followers on there so that my opinion actually meant something, and people actually reply to what I say on there. That has taken me the best part of two years and a bit to reach that stage though.

Anyway, back to the olden days (ha ha ha) I used to enjoy spending time playing outside, doing things like bouncing a ball, or skipping, or hitting a ball with a tennis racket. Oh yeah, great fun that used to be. I would tire myself out. I was a very energetic child. Very, very energetic. Now what do I do? That's right, mostly I just sit around, tweeting, blogging, and being a bit less like the old me.

One thing has never changed though - my love for music and the TV. I'm still listening to modern tracks, and watching the latest comedy shows. I have never grown out of that. I will always be a sucker (not referring to vampires there, at all) for music and comedy shows.

So what has this little blog post session taught me about myself, and life, and the internet? Well, all in all, my view of the internet has changed - I once found it all to be terribly scary and I thought I'd never be a part of it, but now I am, and I enjoy using Twitter and Blogger, and other internet sites. I am still pretty much the same girl I ever was, I'm just less sporty, and more media-focused now. And life will never be the same again for me. I joined Twitter on the 21st of May 2010 (I'm hoping that date is correct) and I have never looked back. Yes, sometimes I have felt like, what's the point?, but I now feel that the internet is a huge part of my life, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Leave some feedback below, if you want. Thanks for reading.

Ss1. xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment